- Maize Unified School District 266
With new guidelines, become a substitute teacher!
In order to help keep our schools and classrooms operating, Maize USD 266 is seeking to expand our substitute teacher pool. The district is able to use new guidelines established by the Kansas State Board of Education in an effort to support schools struggling with teacher absences and COVID-related illness. We are seeking applicants who are interested in serving in this extremely important role. These temporary licensing guidelines pave the way for many who were previously not eligible to substitute to provide this valuable service to our OneMa1ze community, including:
- recent high school graduates
- lifelong homemakers
- retired trade workers
- and countless others whose life path did not require college credits.
Serving as a substitute teacher during these challenging times can make a huge difference to our students, staff members, and parents yearning for consistency.
The updated temporary criteria for substitute teachers would include:
- at least 18 years old
- high school diploma
- approved for employment by the district
- get fingerprinted and pass a background check
- Work with district staff to submit a completed application to the Kansas State Department of Education.
To take the first steps to join our OneMa1ze family, please follow these steps:
- Express your interest by submitting your USD 266 application here.
- Maize USD 266 will provide and assist qualified candidates with the appropriate temporary substitute licensure application.
- Pay a $50 licensure fee. The district will reimburse individuals after they substitute teach for five days at Maize USD 266.
Faced with the highest levels of employee absences and illness this school year, we are doing what we can to keep our classrooms open for in-person face-to-face teaching and learning and do not want to limit opportunities for students. Thank you to anyone interested in helping us with that mission. Your participation can keep our district safe and ready to maintain our teaching and learning for the sake of our students.
Assistant Superintendent, Personnel and Operations
Maize USD 266