Welcome to Enrollment at Maize USD 266

  • Current Student enrollment open now!

    New Student Enrollment opens July 7, 2021


    Only resident students will be admitted to Maize USD 266, except employees of the district may enroll their children with permission from the Superintendent of Schools. Pre-K through eighth grade students whose residence changes to outside the district shall be dropped at the end of that current nine-week grading period. Students in ninth through twelfth grade will be allowed to complete high school with permission from the Superintendent of Schools. Younger siblings of students enrolled in ninth through twelfth grade will be allowed to complete the school year provided they are enrolled on September 20.

  • When enrolling for the first time, parents will be required to provide:

    • Proof of residency. You must live within the district boundaries to attend Maize USD 266.
      • We can accept: Current electric bill, gas bill, or water bill with service address, billing name, and address; current signed lease/rental agreement.
      • We can temporarily accept a current signed housing contract with a date of residency for a period of 4 months. 
      • We cannot accept: Driver's license, check, cell phone bill, cable bill, or any other kind of bill or letter. 
    • Certified copy of each student's birth certificate. Kindergarten students must be five years of age by Aug. 31 of the school year they will attend kindergarten to attend school. 
    • Current immunization record. 
    • Cash, check, or debit/credit card for payment of enrollment fees.

Families enroll at Maize USD 266 during the annual One Stop Enrollment event.
  • Proof of Identity

    • Students in grades Pre-K through 1: Certified copy of birth certificate at the time of enrollment. As an alternate form of proof, a child who is in custody of the secretary of Social and Rehabilitation Services must present a certified copy of the court order placing the child in the custody of the secretary when enrolling.
    • Students in grades 2 through 12: Certified copy of birth certificate and certified copy of transcripts within 30 days after enrolling. If the birth certificate is not presented within the 30-day period, the school shall notify the law enforcement agency in the home county of the school district.



    Proof of Immunizations

    All students must provide documentation that the proper tests and inoculations as deemed necessary by the state have been received. Students who have not completed the required inoculations may enroll or remain enrolled while completing the required inoculations if a physician or local health department certifies that the student has received the most recent appropriate inoculations in all required series. Failure to complete all required immunizations within 90 days shall be deemed as non-compliance.

    As an alternate to the certification required, an annual written statement by a licensed physician stating the physical condition of the child to be such that inoculations would seriously endanger the life or health of the child or a written statement signed by one parent or guardian that the child in an adherent of a religious denomination whose religious teachings are opposed to inoculations will be accepted.

    If one of the above documentation of immunizations is not received, a student may be subject to exclusion from school attendance until such time as the student shall have complied with the requirements. A written notice will be sent to the parent or guardian stating the reason for exclusion.



    Health Assessment

    As required by the Kansas state law, all students up to age nine must have on file a completed health assessment (physical) form. The assessment may be completed by a physician or by a nurse licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. Failure to comply with this policy will result in a student being excluded from school until compliance is achieved. Exemption under this policy may be obtained by a written statement signed by one parent/guardian that the student is adherent of a religious denomination whose teachings are opposed to such assessments.