Sponsor: Dana Desjardins, RN MHS School Nurse
- Member fees (if any): None - buying a T-shirt is optional.
- Meeting days/location: 2nd Tuesday of every month from August to April in E13 during EnCor.
- Membership Requirements: Attend SAFE Meeting Monthly. Participate in – in school SAFE activities during the school day. 95% in school activities. 5% out of school activities.
- Purpose of Organization: Promote Teens Driving Safely, Students Against Destructive Decisions, and MHS students having a positive impact on their community.
- Current Activities: Seatbelt Survey’s 3 times a Year, Monthly Belts for Beats Contest, Safe Week in October, $1000.00 SAFE Scholarship awarded yearly, work with Kansas Traffic Safety Resource. Org to promote Teens driving safely in Kansas throughout the year. Attend their annual conference. Seatbelt Selfie Shopping Spree Contest in December, work with Kansas Troopers to bring safety goggles and the Convincer Seatbelt Simulator to the school, support Run 2 Believe (Student’s against Drinking and Driving), Project Prom in April, Project Graduation in May. Monthly scholarship opportunities with NOYS, SADD, and KTSRO.org programs for SAFE students.
- Other Information: New members can join anytime!