Parent traffic flow procedures
To help the process of before- and after-school drop off or pick-up, please follow these procedures to ensure a smooth and easy transition.
- Drop off by private vehicle should only occur in the drive on the east side of the building. Please do not drop off students at the front entrance as this is the bus lane.
- Students dropped off should arrive no earlier than 8:30 a.m. and must wait for a VES adult before unloading.
- VES staff members will direct vehicles to a drop off point along the curb. Please pull all the way to the end at any point in time.
- Once the vehicle has come to a complete stop along the curb, students may exit on the passenger side of the vehicle and then shut the door.
- Students should be prepared to exit the vehicle quickly.
- Once your child has exited the vehicle, please pull to the left side of the drop off lane to exit onto the main road.
- These procedures allow for multiple students being dropped off safely at one time in an efficient manner.
- Pets are not allowed out of the vehicle at VES.
- Students who need to arrive before 8:30 a.m. should enroll in the Boys & Girls Club before and after school program.
QR codes are used for after-school pickup. Parents will scan their own QR codes at specific points in the pickup process. Below are the pick-up instructions for after-school.
- Pick up by private vehicle should only occur in drive on the east side of the building. Students cannot be picked up on the north side of the building within 20 minutes of dismissal time as this is the bus lane.
- Dismissal time is 3:50 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 3:05 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- Vehicle drivers will park along the curb and should pull away to the end at any point in time.
- Students should not walk to the vehicle until directed by a VES staff member and the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
- Students should get into the vehicle on the passenger side.
- Students who can’t be picked up by 3:50 p.m. or 3:05 p.m. on Wednesdays should enroll in the Boys & Girls Club before- and after-school program.
- Place the QR code in any/all vehicles that are used for pick-up
- Copies of your QR code may be made by parents. Please give a copy to all parents/guardians who will pick-up
- Failure to utilize the QR code as described below will result in delays in the pickup line
- Please do not scan before the points specified or it will slow down the process
Purpose of QR codes:
- To assist in the security and efficiency of parent pick-up after school
- There is no other personal information attached to this QR code. It simply sends a response to office staff that a student was picked up and the time of pick-up
- To assist staff helping with student pick up
When to Scan:
- If you are in the pickup loop before dismissal begins, please scan your QR code as soon as you are parked.
- If you are one of the first five cars waiting on the street, from either direction, please scan your QR code as
soon as you are stopped.
- When you get to the loop or first five cars in the road, please scan your QR code as soon as you are stopped
Please scan each child’s QR code and SUBMIT. When finished, exit the browser.
QR code reader
- On newer phones, the camera will read QR codes for you
- If you don't have access to a QR Code Reader, please visit the App Store of the Google Play Store and download a free QR code reader.